Woo Hoo! Let’s see how my month went for February New Thought 2023. After January’s success I used to be anxious that the thrill is perhaps onerous to take care of. As Undina jogged my memory final month, it’s not as straightforward because it sounds to bypass favorite bottles for the unknown.
January New Thought $50 Give up To Likelihood Voucher Winner = DinaC
E-mail me: portia (underscore) turbo (at) yahoo (dot) com (dot) au
I’ll ship your voucher out ASAP
This 12 months I’m aiming to thunk 5 samples/decants every week, so 20 for the month however that sounds too massive so I’m carving chew sized chunks. Extra if doable, there’s a tonne of them right here to be handled. Each thunk is named a WIN, as a result of let’s face it who doesn’t want a number of additional wins? These are straightforward wins however hopefully will give us all a way of accomplishment that can carry over into day by day life.
February New Thought
Somewhat recap for individuals who have forgotten.
How It Works
- It doesn’t matter what measurement the pattern or decant it solely counts as ONE win.
- To rely as a win the decant MUST be thunked. Yeah, I do know however that is how I’m enjoying it. You possibly can have your individual guidelines should you like.
- Multiples in a day are acceptable. So, should you empty one thing within the morning, one other after work and one other earlier than mattress that counts as THREE wins.
- Producer Journey Measurement will not be a pattern or decant.
- On the finish of every efficiently accomplished month I’m allowed to reward myself with a splurge from ONE fragrance retailer. Yeah that’s proper. Certain you should buy 20 issues if it makes you content nevertheless it needs to be ONE etailer or retailer in ONE TRANSACTION.
I’m going to have a good time by gifting away a US$50 Present Voucher to Surrender To Chance for each profitable month to 1 fortunate random commenter. Cool eh?
So let’s see how February New Thought went…..
LS: LuckyScent, MPS: My Fragrance Samples, MS: Producers Pattern, PG: Perfumista Present, PP: Posh Peasant, RK: Ruth Okay, TPC: The Perfumed Courtroom, STC: Give up To Likelihood
- Sporting, not thunking
- Sporting, not thunking
- Mattress: Classic Caron Bellodgia EdT: PP 1ml: Amber candied carnations with a lightweight hit of ass. Heavenly. L O V E Posse publish
- Morning: Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile: PP 1ml: A fairly iris watercolour. Calm, relaxed and touched with a bouquet that options mimosa. Like
- Day: Atelier des Ors Larmes du Désert: MS: Smoky, brilliant woods over a patchouli/amber base. If you’re uninterested in amber or don’t have one then this might be a really enticing new sniff. LOVE
Mattress: Olfactive Studio Panorama: MS: Vivid bitter inexperienced opening, bloody improbable, all of the greens. Panorama warms by to resinous sweetness because it dries down. My reminiscence of that is so completely different. L O V E
- Morning: Profumum Roma Acqua e Zucchero: MS: This tastes in my mouth reasonably than smells by my nostril. It’s like white chocolate. So candy I feel a diabetic coma is perhaps approaching. So thick. Like (however don’t wan’t to odor like this)
Lunch: THUNKED a 30ml Lolita Lempicka EdP. Not counting it however VERY bloody thrilling anyway.
Night: Roxana Illuminated Perfumes The Inexperienced Knight: MS: Candy and fizzy turns to greenery and wealthy humus. From the forest to the jungle. A darkish inexperienced animalic wonderland. Bloody terrific. Love
Mattress: Une Nuit Nomade Click on Track: MS: Amber with bells and whistles and an fascinating metallic fishy backtaste. Like (rather a lot really)
- Morning: Montale Blue Matcha: MS: WOW! Not what I used to be anticipating in any respect. A clean, milky, white floral smelling tackle matcha tea that has a really slight saltiness. From the notes I used to be anticipating one thing extra woodsy/leather-based however the coronary heart is surprisingly low key. Like
Night: Sucreabeille Beekeeper’s Daughter: STC 2ml: Honey, herbs and woods. Like
Mattress: Sulinotes Yuzu: STC 2ml: Final ml. Pithy citrus. Like
- Night: Annick Goutal Rose Splendide: STC 8ml: Sure rose, sure splendid. Inexperienced, evenly spiced, fruity rose, elegant and mellow. 8ml is a bloody lot. I’ve been sporting this nearly solely between different issues. Fairly positive I’ve a bottle too. Like rather a lot
- Day: Unknown: 2ml decant: Aldehydic floral with amber beneath. Like
Night: Atelier des Ors: Iris Fauve: MS: Fascinating tackle iris. Love that spicy cardboard and carrots opening, then it warms by to a dry amber. Like.
- Mattress: Louis Vuitton Turbulences: STC 2ml: Very good however wholly underwhelming for the worth. Go purchase Sand & Sables for $6. Like
- Morning: Cristian Cavagna Murice Imperiale: MS: OMG! This is likely one of the finest aquatic florals I ever smelled. Contemporary greenery, evenly spiced flowers and brine. OUTSTANDING! On the To Purchase Checklist. L O V E
Night: Miller et Bertaux Research #17: MS: Such a reasonably fragrant. Barely minty greenery and citrus over a mossy carnation. Like
Mattress: DIOR Vanille Diorama: STC 2ml: Vanilla with a number of bells & whistles. Very paying homage to Jacomo Artwork Assortment #2 however a refined model. Good should you don’t have a vanilla ahead perfume. Like (Jacomo is best)
- Day: Eric Buterbaugh Apollo Hyacinth: STC 2ml: LOVE this, would have purchased a bottle if it wasn’t a blasted splash. Hyacinth with a really soiled narcissus heartbeat. LOVE
Mattress: Tom Daxon Resin Sacre: STC 3ml: Only a ml left. If burning baubles of tree resin are your jam, combined in with a wholesome dose of animal then you definately, like me, will likely be smitten. LOVE
- Day: Amouage Jubilation XXV: STC 2ml: Dregs. Smells so wealthy and superb. What’s left smells like a resinous amber with some oudhy kind darkness. Like
- Morning: Classic Guerlain L’Heure Bleu: STC 2ml: Dregs, went on thick, wealthy and unbelievably pure. Like probably the most beautiful extrait. LOVE
Night: Classic Guerlain Shalimar: STC 2ml: Dregs. Once more, unbelievably pure, wealthy and burnished. Not sturdy however actually deep. LOVE
Mattress: Diptyque L’Eau de Tarocco: STC 2ml: Citrus with tender rose petals that warms to amber. Like
- Day: Keiko Mecheri Canyon Desires: STC 2ml: Very Shalimar reminiscent however there are variations. Like
Mattress: ETRO Shall Nur: STC 2ml: Fruity, natural, smoky woods. LOVE
- Morning: Lorenzo Villoresi Mare Nostrum Aura Maris: STC 2ml: Natural citrus. Vivid and refreshing, it appears easy on first spritz however provides some actually fascinating floral and darkly natural nuances earlier than warming to amber woods. Like
Night: Ava Luxe Tuberose Diabolique parfum: STC 2ml: Greater than half used or evaporated. OMG! That is completely divine. Tropical tuberose evenly spiced and warmed by with vanilla heavy amber. A touch of petrol overlays the guts making it much more bewitching. L O V E
Mattress: AbdesSalaam Attar Perfumes Aalacho N°2: STC 2ml: Dregs. WOW! One other superb fragrance. This can be a breathtaking. Animalic, urinous, honeyed, tobacco, castoreum, moss. All smoking gently and floating over darkish woods. TO BUY LIST: LOVE
- Morning: ETRO Messe de Minuit: STC 2ml: 1/2ml Citrus, smoky incense and honeyed resins. Bloody good things. Smells deep and wealthy and actually costly. The soiled amber/incense base shines by from the guts to dry down. Subsequent morning the incense, wooden and amber are nonetheless huffing gently, that is unbelievably good things. TO BUY LIST. L O V E
Mattress: DIOR Couturier Granville: STC 2ml: Very first launch Granville. Fizzy lemon and greenery over a white musk and woods base. An ideal foil to Sydney’s presently extremely popular nights. Love
- Morning: Lanvin Arpege: STC 2ml: I’m stunned this hasn’t turned. Lovely aldehydic floral with touches of fruit and a young amber/woods dry down. Like
Night: Hermès 24 Faubourg: PP 3ml: Way more ass than my present bottle. A sensual, evenly breathy tropical white floral with all of the bells & whistles. So bizarre that nobody commented on it at work tonight. Love
- Morning: DIOR Couturier Milly-la-Foret: STC 2ml: WHY did I by no means purchase this. An ideal substitute for Value Courtesan when mine runs dry. GRRRRRR! Love
Night: Guerlain Behavior Rouge l’Eau: PG 3ml: Such a good looking rendition of Behavior Rouge. I purchased a bottle after utilizing about 1/3 of this decant and the forgot about it. Sadly, it’s so scorching & humid it lasted about an hour. Love
Mattress: Gorilla Perfumes Sikkim Ladies: STC 3ml: 1ml of VERY orange brown fragrance. WHOA! Tropical, vanilla heavy white floral. Cool but additionally kinda disgusting. Like
- Morning: Miller Harris Coeur d’Ete: PP 1.5ml: OOOH! Choc Banana! with trace of crisp pear over a really mild creamy woods base. What a contented shock. Like
Mattress: Teo Cabanel Alahine: PP 1ml: Attractive vanilla and stuff. Swiped this magnificence years in the past and purchased a bottle. LOVE
- Morning: DIOR Couturier Mitzah: STC 2ml: Natural vanilla-rich amber over smoky incense and patchouli. LOVE
Night: Bond No 9 New Haarlem: PP 1ml: Wore it to work and all evening folks have been asking me what it was. Each time I sat down I received this superb huff of fragrance out of my shirt. This pattern is properly over a decade outdated, I can’t think about it nonetheless smells so superb. Espresso amber Tonka. Love
- Sporting, not thunking
- Morning: Miller Harris Noix de Tubereuse: PP 2ml: Tuberose & amber with a number of different bells & whistles. Wealthy, breathy, heat and heady with a pleasant inexperienced counterpoint. The opening is swoon worthy and my eyes wish to roll into the again of my head. An involuntary AHHHHH! L O V E (need)
Afternoon: 1000 Flowers Reglisse Noire: PP 1ml: Minty liquorice with all of the trimmings and a tender vanilla dry down. I used to have a bottle of this. Sadly on this humid warmth it lasted all of 40 minutes. Love
Night: CHANEL Cristalle EdP: PP 2ml: This has aged superbly. Nonetheless brilliant, recent and inexperienced nevertheless it smells deeper than the bottle I purchased Jin for his birthday. Like
Mattress: DIOR Couturier Grand Bal: STC 3ml: Lower than 1ml darkish oil. Thick and wealthy plastic white flowers. Nothing like my bottle. I feel it’s gone off. Unhappy.
- Morning: CHANEL Likelihood: MS: Fairly. I odor nutty musks and powder. Like
Afternoon: DIOR Couturier Eau Noire: STC 2ml: This early incarnation has a lot espresso, spiced. Leather-based, vanilla and lovely liquorice hints. What a perfume! I’d forgotten how bloody good. L O V E
Mattress: Guerlain Mademoiselle: RK 10ml: The final of this lovely gem. Candy powdery iris and stuff. Lasts about 35 minutes. LOVE
- Thunked a Bulgari Males in Black bathe gel
Morning: Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir: PP 1ml: fairly, lasted about half-hour. Meh
Day: Miller Harris Vetiver Bourbon: PP 1ml: Boozy Vetiver, fascinating, nearly espresso. I’d like to odor this now, it feels stuffed with the good things from then. Love
Mattress: Parfums de Rosine Rose Kashmiri: PG 2ml: So bloody luscious. Roses, spice, herbs, greenery and resins Cherished this pattern a lot I purchased a bottle and a backup years in the past. This pattern has aged to perfection. OMG! L O V E
- Morning: Hermès Un Jardin En Mediterranee: MPS 5ml: Citrus, fig, sharp woods. Refreshing, uplifting and ideal for sweaty final days of summer season mornings. Love
Night: Carven Ma Griffe classic: STC 2ml: Icy chilly inexperienced aldehydic floral. I’m so glad to have used it and basked in its magnificence. L O V E
Mattress: CB I Hate Fragrance Hearth From Heaven: MPS 3ml: Final ml. Smoky, soapy, incense and woods. Attractive and somewhat bathe gel-ish. Like
- Day: Coty Muguet des Bois: STC 2ml: I had a bottle of this and moved it on. SHAME on me. Lovely. Love
Night: Diptyque L’Eau du Trente-Quatre: Joke. I’ve a bottle of this and use it recurrently. Had you requested me I’d have advised you it’s by Hermès. Delightfully off centre fruity woods. Love
Mattress: Diptyque Philosykos: PP 1ml: Delectable fggy wooden factor. I’ve a bottle and put on it very sometimes. Like
Properly, SUCCESS! Even MORE than final month. 55 samples/decants thunked. So please go away a remark with one thing you thunked in February for February New Thought. I’ll decide a winner randomly. Then announce within the subsequent New Thought 2023 publish,